Looking Over A Lifetime
Get writing ideas and topics with the Genealogy.com Biography Assistant
What did he/she accomplish during his/her life? How did the world change over his/her lifetime? What did he/she learn that he/she would pass on to others? Select this topic to record his/her important thoughts.
Would you like to summarize his/her perspective on life?
- What did he/she accomplish during his/her lifetime? Looking back, was there any one thing that he/she was particularly proud of? Did he/she invent something? Manage his/her family well? Purchase something that he/she didn't think he/she could ever afford?
- Did he/she ever have any regrets? What did he/she wish he/she had or hadn't done? What did he/she wish that he/she could change? Did he/she feel that he/she had missed out on anything? What was it and why?
- How would he/she have characterized his/her family? Over the years, were they close-knit? Did everyone get along well? Was he/she happy with the contribution that he/she made to his/her family?
- How would he/she describe his/her philosophy of life? Was he/she an optimist? A cynic? Did he/she worry about the future or take things one day at a time?
- What did he/she learn during his/her lifetime? Did he/she pass anything on to others? What was "life's greatest lesson"? When did he/she learn it? In what ways did it change his/her life?
- What was the best advice that anyone ever gave him? How did it help him?
- Did he/she ever feel that he/she had failed at anything? What was it? Why did he/she feel that he/she hadn't succeeded?
- Overall, what was the most important event in his/her life? Marriage? The birth of his/her children? A graduation day? What made it special?
- What was most important in his/her life? his/her family? Work? Money? A talent? Religion? Why did he/she feel this way about it?
- Who had the greatest influence in his/her life? A relative, co-worker, teacher, celebrity or perhaps an author? Why did he/she look up to this person? How did he/she or he/she influence him?
- If he/she was religious, did he/she feel his/her faith grew stronger over the years? Or was it stronger when it was new? As he/she matured, did his/her faith change from when he/she first committed to his/her religion? In what ways?
- Looking back, would he/she say that he/she was satisfied with his/her life? Did he/she reach the goals that he/she set out to achieve?
- Over the years, how did his/her personality change? As he/she matured, did he/she become more wise, more conservative, or maybe more adventurous?
- How did the world change during his/her lifetime? Were these changes for the better or for the worse? How did they affect him?