Get writing ideas and topics with the Genealogy.com Biography Assistant
Did he/she live through a time when an epidemic swept the nation? Was there an outbreak of influenza, the HIV virus, or another illness? Select this Topic to relate how this affected his/her lifestyle.
Did any major medical problems or epidemics occur during his/her lifetime?
- What were the health standards of the era in which he/she lived? Did people visit doctors regularly or only when they were very ill? How long did people live?
- During his/her lifetime, were there any medical problems that afflicted a large portion of the population? Polio? Influenza? HIV? How did this affect his/her family or lifestyle?
- Was this illness natural or man-made? For example, was it some kind of virus, or were people becoming ill because of a chemical, such as a pesticide?
- Was death a common result of this illness? Did he/she feel lucky to have lived through this period?
- Did people have funny ideas about how this illness was spread? Did he/she take any precautions to guard against catching the illness?
- Was a treatment created for this medical problem? What did it involve? Was it affordable for the general population?
- Years later, was this illness still a problem, or was it easily prevented?