Get writing ideas and topics with the Genealogy.com Biography Assistant
Did he/she live through one of Mother Nature's outbursts, whether it was a hurricane, earthquake, fire or locusts? Did he/she learn about a disaster from afar? Pick this Topic to write about his/her experiences with natural disasters.
Would you like to write about a natural disaster that affected him?
- What kind of natural disaster took place? Where and when did it take place? What was the outcome?
- Who was affected by the disaster? Was he/she or someone he/she knew involved?
- If he/she was in the disaster, what were his/her feelings at the time? Did he/she know it was coming or was it unexpected? Was he/she prepared? What were his/her actions? Describe the situation before and after the event.
- If he/she wasn't in the disaster, how did he/she first find out about it? What was his/her reaction? Why was it of interest to him?
- Was there anything he/she did to help out? Volunteer his/her time or money? Describe what he/she did. How did it feel to be involved?
- What damage was done? Did he/she see the damage in person? Was there any insurance involved? Did the government help?
- Did any injuries or deaths result from the disaster?
- How long after the event occurred did life get back to normal? Or did it ever get back to normal?
- Did anything he/she learned from this event make him change his/her lifestyle?