Personality and Values
Get writing ideas and topics with the Genealogy.com Biography Assistant
Where did he/she get his/her ideas and values? Did he/she have a personality like that of someone else in the family? Pick this Topic to record the details that made him/her an individual.
Do you want to write about his/her personality and values?
- Individuals have common and unique experiences that have the potential to shape personalities and values. What were some of his/her experiences that affected his/her personality and values?
- From where did he/she get his/her values? Were they from his/her parents, friends, school, religion, or family? Was there one significant person or place that influenced him?
- How would he/she have described himself? Perhaps good-natured or irritable, responsible or undependable, analytical or creative, funny or serious? Would his/her description of himself be the same as other peoples' descriptions?
- Did he/she have any favorites? What colors, foods, songs, and activities did he/she prefer over anything else?
- What was his/her disposition like? Was he/she an extrovert--talkative, open, and adventurous? Or was he/she an introvert--more comfortable by himself, shy, and cautious?
- Did he/she have the same traits in public as he/she did in private? For example, was he/she as funny or easy going in a crowd of unfamiliar people as he/she was with small, intimate groups?
- What things did he/she strongly approve of or value and why? For example, a good education, strong family ties, freedom, privacy, or the right to choose one's future?
- What things did he/she disapprove of? For example, women working outside of the home, political involvement in foreign countries, divorce, or abortion? Why did he/she have such strong views on these issues?
- Were there ever issues he/she thought were worth fighting for? What did he/she do about them? What were the results?
- Did his/her personality resemble anyone in particular? For example did his/her sense of humor resemble his/her dad's, or did his/her sarcasm descend from a grandparent?
- Did he/she ever wish he/she could have changed his/her personality or values? Why? In what ways would he/she have changed them?