Get writing ideas and topics with the Genealogy.com Biography Assistant
Did he/she ever have a special pet? Whether young or old, pets can be an important part of a person's life, providing laughter and companionship. Select this Topic to relate the special tales.
Did he/she have a pet you would like to write about?
- What type of animal was it? Did it have a name? How did it get its name? What did it look like?
- How did he/she get the pet? Did someone give it to him as a gift? Did he/she catch it?
- How old was he/she when he/she spent time with it? Was his/her age a factor in how special the animal was to him? How old was the animal at the time?
- What did they do together? Take walks, cuddle, go on rides, or just play? Did he/she teach it to do tricks?
- Why did this animal mean a lot to him? Was it the way he/she interacted with it? Did he/she nurse it through an illness? Was it his/her pet all of its life?
- Did he/she take care of it or did someone else? Who? Was it easy to take care of? How often did he/she see this animal? Did owning a pet teach him about responsibility?
- Was there something the animal would do that would make him laugh? What was it?
- Did the animal die? If so, at what age did he/she experience this loss, and how did he/she feel about it? What was the cause of death?
- If the pet died, what did he/she do with it afterwards? Was there a funeral? Did he/she take it to the humane society?
- If the pet died or was lost, did he/she try to replace it with another pet? Did it help his/her healing process? Was it a constant reminder of the lost pet?
- If the pet died when he/she was young, did it help prepare him for the death of a human friend or relative in later years?