Get writing ideas and topics with the Genealogy.com Biography Assistant
Did he/she like to go exploring, whether near or far? What interesting experiences and adventures did he/she have while away? With this Topic, Biography Assistant offers writing ideas about traveling appropriate for different lifetime periods.
Did he/she travel as a child?
- As a child, did he/she have any interest in seeing other places, be it other towns, regions, or countries? If yes, what triggered this interest?
- Did he/she ever travel alone as a child? Did he/she have any interesting experiences or mishaps as a child traveling alone?
Did he/she travel as an adult?
- Where did he/she go in his/her travels, including parts of his/her own country? How did he/she choose where he/she wanted to go? How did he/she plan and prepare for the trip?
- Did he/she travel by car, train, boat, or some other means of transportation? Did anything unusual happen while he/she was in transit? How long did it take to get to his/her destination? How did he/she feel when he/she arrived?
- Did he/she have kids at this point? Did he/she find that it was harder to travel with kids than it was before he/she had them? What adjustments did he/she have to make?
- Did he/she travel to a place where a foreign language was spoken? Did he/she have a funny or troubling experience of miscommunication?
- What was different or remarkable about the culture or the lifestyle of the place he/she visited? What was the standard of living in the place he/she visited? How was the food? How were his/her accommodations?
- What did he/she buy or want to buy during his/her trip? Did he/she have trouble with foreign currency and exchange rates? Did he/she have a favorite souvenir?
- Was he/she traveling alone or with a group? Describe some of the people he/she met on his/her trip. Did he/she befriend anyone? If so, was he/she able to maintain that friendship after his/her travels were over?
- How would he/she describe the places of interest that he/she visited? What were the physical qualities of the place he/she visited? How was the climate?
- What did he/she learn about the place he/she visited? Did he/she participate in any festivals or special activities? Did he/she get to do everything he/she wanted to?
- Did he/she have any bad experiences while traveling, such as a theft, injury, illness, or homesickness? Did he/she get lost? How did he/she handle any bad experiences he/she might have had?
- Did he/she keep a travel diary? If so, what experiences was he/she able to record in it? Did he/she go back to the diary to relive his/her experiences after the trip?
- What did he/she learn about himself during his/her travels? Did he/she feel that his/her traveling experiences changed him in any way? How did he/she feel about going home?