The Sinking of the Titanic
Get writing ideas and topics with the Genealogy.com Biography Assistant
Was he/she affected by the sinking of the Titanic? It was the ship that couldn't be sunk, yet on its maiden voyage it went down in a matter of minutes. Use this Topic to recount his/her interest in this event.
The Titanic went down on its maiden voyage in 1912. Would you like to write about his/her interest in the sinking of the S.S. Titanic?
- What interest did he/she have in the sinking of the Titanic? Was he/she on the Titanic or did he/she know someone that was? If yes, did this person survive? Tell the story.
- Describe the scenario when the public found out about the ship's sinking. If he/she wasn't on the ship, how did he/she find out about the sinking and the final outcome? How long after the ship had sunk did he/she find out about it?
- The S.S. Titanic did not have enough life boats, trained seamen, officers, or searchlights to save the lives of all its passengers. Who did he/she think was to blame for this?
- What feelings did he/she have about the impact the disaster had on boating regulations?
- Did he/she think that the Titanic would ever be explored or possessions recovered? Did he/she think that this should happen? Why or why not?