Discrimination and Issues of Race
Get writing ideas and topics with the Genealogy.com Biography Assistant
Black or white, male or female, young or old? Did anyone ever discriminate against him? What was the situation? Choose this Topic to describe his/her experiences relating to discrimination.
Was discrimination an important issue to him?
- Was he/she ever discriminated against? Describe the situation. What was the issue behind it? Race, gender, religion, age?
- How did the situation make him feel? Was he/she angry, hurt, or discouraged? Did he/she feel violated?
- What actions, if any, did he/she take in regards to the discrimination? Did he/she lash out physically, file a lawsuit, stage a protest, or try to educate those around him? What were the results of his/her actions?
- Was this type of discrimination prevalent in his/her society? How did it affect his/her lifestyle? Was it hard for him to do things such as find a job, go out in public, practice his/her religion, or make friends?
- What changes did he/she see in his/her lifetime regarding the problem of discrimination? Did he/she see any major improvements? Were they encouraging? What were the milestones?
- Did a certain kind of discrimination increase during his/her lifetime? What was the situation? What was his/her reaction to this?
- Did he/she ever discriminate against anyone? What was the reason? Was it on purpose, or did he/she not realize what he/she was doing at the time? Was it against a certain race, religion, or age? How did the situation come about?