Assassination of John F. Kennedy
Get writing ideas and topics with the Genealogy.com Biography Assistant
What was his/her reaction upon learning about JFK's assassination? Did he/she have an opinion about who did it? Use this Topic to relate his/her response to this incident.
John F. Kennedy was assassinated in November of 1963. Was this event important to him?
- John F. Kennedy was assassinated on November 22, 1963. When did he/she first hear about this? Was he/she a witness to the incident in Dallas, Texas?
- What was his/her reaction and the reaction of others around him? Did he/she go home early from work or school?
- If he/she was in the United States when JFK was shot, describe the mood of the country. Was there a sense of depression in the air? Was it constantly in the news? How long did this last?
- Did he/she save any newspaper or magazine clippings about this event? Looking at them in later years, what memories did they bring back?
- Did he/she see the footage of President Kennedy's assassination? When did he/she first see it? How did it make him feel?
- Did he/she visit the site where JFK was shot or did he/she ever want to? If he/she did visit, describe the experience. What were his/her feelings?
- Who did he/she believe shot JFK? Did he/she think Lee Harvey Oswald was the assassin or did he/she believe Oswald was framed?
- The files on JFK's assassination weren't open to the public. Did he/she feel they should be open or did he/she think they should be private? Did he/she have thoughts as to why the government wouldn't publicize them?
- What did he/she think about JFK being elected as President? Did he/she vote for him? How did he/she feel about the fact that he/she was so young?
- How did he/she feel JFK handled the events and programs that occurred throughout his/her presidency? For example, the Bay of Pigs, the Cuban Missile Crisis, Vietnam, civil rights, the space program, and the Peace Corps?
- Did he/she see the assassination of Lee Harvey Oswald, which was broadcast live? If not, where and when did he/she find out about it?
- How did he/she feel about the shooting of Lee Harvey Oswald? Why did he/she think Oswald was killed?