Martin Luther King Jr.
Get writing ideas and topics with the Genealogy.com Biography Assistant
Who was Martin Luther King Jr. to him? How did he/she feel about his/her ideas and methods? Pick this Topic to highlight how Martin Luther King Jr. influenced him.
Was he/she interested in Martin Luther King Jr. and his/her ideas?
- Did Martin Luther King Jr. or what he/she stood for and accomplished affect his/her life? How did he/she influence him?
- Martin Luther King and thousands of other people were arrested while taking part in nonviolent demonstrations. Did he/she believe that oppressing these nonviolent demonstrations caused much of the violence later?
- In August of 1963, 200,000 people came together in the march on Washington. King made his/her most memorable speech there. "I have a dream that one day the nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed...." Was this inspiring to him?
- Was he/she there to witness this speech? Did he/she see it on the news or did he/she hear it on the radio? How did he/she feel when he/she heard it? Could he/she feel the power behind the speech?
- Did he/she think this day was a turning point for some people? Or for society? In what ways?
- In April 1968, Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated in Memphis. How did this event affect him? Why did he/she think that this happened?
- Martin Luther King Jr. wanted a peaceful solution, while the Black Power movement took a more militant approach to social change. Did he/she have an opinion on how this influenced what King was trying to do? With whose methods did he/she agree?