Camp David Accords
Get writing ideas and topics with the Genealogy.com Biography Assistant
In 1978, President Jimmy Carter invited Egyptian and Israeli leaders to Camp David for peace talks. How did he/she feel about the meeting? For writing ideas to highlight his/her interest in these historic peace talks, pick this Topic.
Was he/she interested in the Camp David Accords, a peace treaty between Egyptian and Israeli leaders that was facilitated by President Carter in 1978?
- In 1978, President Jimmy Carter invited Egyptian President Anwar Sadat and Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin to Camp David for peace talks. How did he/she feel about the meeting?
- Did he/she favor one side more than the other? Which one? What influenced his/her thinking on these issues?
- Did the meeting have any direct or indirect effect on him or his/her family? In what ways? Did he/she have family living in that part of the world?
- What did he/she think of the United States acting as a mediator for the two nations? Was he/she hopeful that a peaceful agreement would be reached?
- The fighting had been going on for years, and the talks at Camp David lasted for thirteen days. Were there times when he/she wondered if the nations would ever settle their differences?
- What was his/her reaction when he/she finally heard that a plan, called a Framework for Peace, was drafted and signed? Did he/she think the plan would be upheld? Why or why not?
- In what ways did he/she think the meetings at Camp David were historical?