Iran Hostage Crisis
Get writing ideas and topics with the Genealogy.com Biography Assistant
What did he/she think of the Iran hostage crisis and how it was handled? Did terrorism make him afraid to travel? Use this Topic to record his/her experiences and thoughts relating to this frightening event.
Would you like to discuss his/her interest in the Iranian hostage crisis?
- On November 4, 1979 militant students in Iran took 66 U.S. embassy employees hostage and demanded the return of Muhammad Reza Shah Pahlavi for trial. Of what interest was the Iranian hostage crisis to him?
- What did he/she remember most about the crisis? What feelings did he/she have during it? What did he/she think that President Carter should have done to get the hostages released? Did the President do enough in his/her opinion?
- Did the Iranian hostage crisis make him fear for his/her safety? Did he/she ever worry that terrorist bombings or kidnappings would take place where he/she lived?
- In November 1980, the Iranian parliament set their conditions for releasing the hostages. Did he/she agree with President Carter's decision to sign the agreement? Why or why not?
- How did he/she hear about the release of the hostages? Did he/she watch the event on television? Explain his/her feelings when they released the hostages. What country was he/she in at the time? What was the general reaction?