Birth/Adoption of Children
Below is a list of Writing Ideas to help you with your biography.
See our instructions if you need help
printing these Writing Ideas or finding Writing Ideas related
to other Topics.
[ Continue with This Topic | Next Topic/List of Topics ]
- When and how did she find out she was pregnant? Was she in the doctor's office? Was it at home? Had she suspected that she was pregnant, or was it a surprise?
- What was her reaction when she found out she was pregnant? Was she excited? Was this something she had been looking forward to for a long time? Did she have mixed feelings at first about being pregnant?
- If she was planning to have a baby, for how long had she been trying to get pregnant? Did she have difficulties getting pregnant? Did she ever consider adoption?
- How many children did she plan to have? Did she want a big family or a small one? Did the number of siblings that she had influence this?
- Who did she tell about the expected baby? What was their reaction? How did she celebrate the event?
- Did she have a career or was she in school at the time? Did her pregnancy change her career plans or goals?
- Was she single or married at the time? How old was she?
- Was her family excited? Why or why not? Did she feel as if she could depend on her family for support? Did her family try to coach her on how to care for a child?
- Did she have any problems during her pregnancy, or was her pregnancy healthy? Some say that being pregnant was the best time of their life. Was this true for her?
- Was she hoping for a boy or girl? Why? Did she wonder what the baby would look like? Did she have a name picked out for her baby before it was delivered? What did she look forward to most about this baby?
- When was her baby's first kick? How did this make her feel? Excited? Did she look forward to bringing the baby home? Did she feel like she would deliver on time? Why or why not?
- Where was she when she went into labor? How did she feel? Was she frantic? Elated?
- Was the baby born on schedule or was it premature? If so, how early was it? What size was the baby?
- Had her partner been helpful during her pregnancy? What did this person do to make her pregnancy easier? How did her partner react when she went into labor?
- How many hours was she in labor? Did someone assist her during the birth? A midwife or nurse? Her partner? Was she sedated during the birth?
- Did she give birth at home or in a hospital? If she was planning to give birth in a hospital, did she make it there on time?
- How was her baby delivered? Through a c-section or naturally? Did her labor run smoothly, or were there complications? How did she feel afterwards?
- What was it like bringing her baby home for the first time? Was it enjoyable to have a tiny, new addition to the family?
- How much did the baby weigh? How long was it? What did it look like? Did it sleep a lot or cry a lot when it first came home? Was it a good baby?