Slavery and the Civil War
Below is a list of Writing Ideas to help you with your biography.
See our instructions if you need help
printing these Writing Ideas or finding Writing Ideas related
to other Topics.
[ Continue with This Topic | Next Topic/List of Topics ]
- Why was she home? Was she not called up? Was her time of service shorter than the war? Was she too young or too old? Did she wish that she could have gone to fight?
- Was she in the North or the South? How was she affected by the war? How was life at home different? What sacrifices did she have to make, if any?
- Did she ever fear for her life because of the war? Was her home or town destroyed? Did armies take her food or other supplies?
- Did friends or family leave to fight in the war? How did she feel when they left? Did she think that she would never see them again or did she feel that they would return? What actually happened?
- Did any of these people die because of the war? Who? Did she know how they died? How did she find out about his or her death?
- Did she do anything to help the war effort? Did she collect funds or make garments for the soldiers? Did she supply the armies with food?
- How did she keep in touch with her loved ones who were away during this time? Did she save any letters she wrote or received?
- What did the surrender at Appottomax represent to her? Had the fighting served its purpose?