Frontier Wars: 1850-1898
Below is a list of Writing Ideas to help you with your biography.
See our instructions if you need help
printing these Writing Ideas or finding Writing Ideas related
to other Topics.
[ Continue with This Topic | Next Topic/List of Topics ]
- As the railroad and more settlers moved west to Kansas and Nebraska, Native- and non-Native Americans had more contact, often bloody. Thus, the U.S. government limited Native Americans to particular regions of the country. How did she feel about this containment?
- As more people moved into and through Native American regions, the battles increased. The Native Americans wanted to keep their homes, and the non-Native Americans wanted the land for farming, railroads, and gold mining. Did she think the two groups could work out an agreement?
- Did she fight in any battles between the Native Americans and the U.S troops? Which battle was it? On which side did she fight? Describe her role in the fighting. What was the outcome of the battle? What were its consequences?
- There was a tremendous amount of hatred between Native and non-Native Americans. Did anyone seem to sympathize with the Native Americans and their loss of land? Did she? Did she think about how concentration would affect their culture?
- If she wasn't a Native American, what were her feelings towards them? Did she ever do anything to help them? Did she fear them?
- If she wasn't a Native American, did she ever have any contact with Native Americans? Where? What happened? Describe her emotions at the time. Was she frightened? In awe?