Below is a list of Writing Ideas to help you with your biography.
See our instructions if you need help
printing these Writing Ideas or finding Writing Ideas related
to other Topics.
[ Continue with This Topic | Next Topic/List of Topics ]
- Why did he stay home? Was he too young or too old? Did he wish that he could have gone?
- What was it like at home? How was life different because of the war? What was the biggest sacrifice he had to make because of it?
- If loved ones went to fight, how did he feel when they left? Was he scared? Did he think that he would ever see them again?
- How did he keep in touch with his loved ones who were away during this time? Did he save any letters he wrote or received?
- Did any of his loved ones die because of the war? Who? Did he know how he or she died? When did he find out about their death?
- When did the war end for him? When the peace treaty was decided upon? Or perhaps it was when a loved one came home. Describe that day.
- In the end, Spain gave up Cuba, the Philippines, Puerto Rico and Guam. Did he think that this was right? Did he feel that the fighting had served a purpose?
- What was it like when his friends and family finally came home? Had they changed in ways he didn't expect? Had he changed in ways they didn't expect? What the hardest to adjust to once they got back? What was the easiest?
- Did it take a long time for life to return to normal? Did it ever? Was it easy to put it all behind him and get on with his life or did he have to struggle? Why?
- What sort of memorabilia did he save from this time? What did it symbolize to him? What memories and feelings did it bring back after the war was over?