Pure Food and Drug Act
Below is a list of Writing Ideas to help you with your biography.
See our instructions if you need help
printing these Writing Ideas or finding Writing Ideas related
to other Topics.
[ Continue with This Topic | Next Topic/List of Topics ]
- Before the Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906 was passed, the conditions in food processing plants were primitive. Did he or any of his family experience these products first hand? What were the results? Did he ever get sick because of poor quality?
- There were many debates over the Pure Food and Drug Act. Was he or any of his family members interested in the politics of the act? What was his role or position?
- The first Pure Food and Drug Act was passed in 1906. What were people's reactions to this? Were they relieved, angry, or upset? What was his reaction? Did this act give him more confidence in the food supply?
- Did the Pure Food and Drug Act directly affect him or his family? In what ways? As a worker or as a consumer?
- In 1938 the Act was revised to include cosmetics, thus becoming the Pure Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. What did he and those around him think about this? In what ways did it affect him?
- Was he involved in a business that the Act directly affected, or as a consumer, how did he feel he was affected by this Act?