Below is a list of Writing Ideas to help you with your biography.
See our instructions if you need help
printing these Writing Ideas or finding Writing Ideas related
to other Topics.
[ Continue with This Topic | Next Topic/List of Topics ]
- Prohibition was declared on January 17, 1920, how did he and others react? Did it affect a business that he had? Did they think that alcohol consumption was something the government should control?
- Did he belong to a temperance society or association that worked for the passage of this amendment? What part did he play in the activities of the society?
- Did his family and friends comply with the law? Why or why not? What types of people were on each side of the issue? If they didn't comply with the law, what did they do? Go to a speak-easy where they could get liquor? Make their own liquor?
- At the time, did he believe Prohibition made people want to drink more since it was against the law? Was this something daring or dangerous to do amongst his friends?
- Al Capone was a famous gangster in this era. Was he afraid of him or other gangsters who were involved with illegal liquor? Did he think that Prohibition gave them more power?
- During the Prohibition Era, many changes took place in society. For example, younger women changed their style of dress, opting for short skirts, makeup, and bobbed hair. What did he think of this shift in tastes?
- The 1920's are also known as the Age of Jazz. Was this the kind of music that he listened to and danced to? If so, who were his favorite musicians of the time?
- The law prohibiting alcohol was repealed in 1933 by President Roosevelt. Was this a good idea in his opinion? Was he relieved? Why or why not?