The Korean War
Below is a list of Writing Ideas to help you with your biography.
See our instructions if you need help
printing these Writing Ideas or finding Writing Ideas related
to other Topics.
[ Continue with This Topic | Next Topic/List of Topics ]
- Why did he stay home? Was he not called up or was his tour of duty shorter than the war? Was he too young or too old? Did he wish that he could have gone to fight?
- What was it like at home? How was life different because of the war? Did he have to make any sacrifices because of the war?
- Did any loved ones fight in the war? How did he feel when they left? Was he scared? Did he think that he would never see them again or did he feel that they would return? What actually happened?
- If any loved ones went to fight, how did he keep in touch with them during this time? Did he save any letters he wrote or received?
- Did any loved ones die because of the war? Who? Did he know how he or she died? How did he find out about this person's death?
- What was it like when his friends and family finally came home? Had they changed in ways he didn't expect? Had he changed in ways they didn't expect? What was hardest to adjust to once they got back? What was easiest?
- Did it take a long time for life to return to normal? Did it ever? Was it easy to put it all behind him and get on with his life or did he have to struggle? Why?
- What sort of memorabilia did he save from this time? What did it symbolize to him? What memories and feelings did it bring back after the war?