The Vietnam War
Below is a list of Writing Ideas to help you with your biography.
See our instructions if you need help
printing these Writing Ideas or finding Writing Ideas related
to other Topics.
[ Continue with This Topic | Next Topic/List of Topics ]
- Why was she home at this time? Was she not called up? Was she too young or too old? What was her situation at that point in time? Did she wish that she could have gone to fight?
- What was it like at home? How was life different because of the war?
- If any loved ones fought in the war, how did she feel when they left? Was she scared? Did she think that she would never see them again or did she feel that they would return? What actually happened?
- Did any of her loved ones die because of the war? Who? Did she know how he or she died? When did she find out about their death?
- In general, what did she and others initially think about U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War? Did she support U.S. involvement in Vietnam? Did her ideas change over time? Why? What influenced her thoughts?
- Many people protested U.S. involvement in Vietnam. Was she involved in the protests? What did she do to protest the war? Go to rallies? Burn draft cards? Why did or didn't she protest?
- When did the war end for her? When the peace treaty was signed in 1973? When a loved one came home? Describe that day.
- What was it like when her friends and family finally came home? Had they changed in ways she didn't expect? Had she changed in ways they didn't expect? What was hardest to adjust to once they got back? What was easiest?
- Did it take a long time for life to return to normal? Did it ever? Was it easy to put it all behind her and get on with her life or did she have to struggle? Why?