Camp David Accords
Below is a list of Writing Ideas to help you with your biography.
See our instructions if you need help
printing these Writing Ideas or finding Writing Ideas related
to other Topics.
[ Continue with This Topic | Next Topic/List of Topics ]
- In 1978, President Jimmy Carter invited Egyptian President Anwar Sadat and Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin to Camp David for peace talks. How did she feel about the meeting?
- Did she favor one side more than the other? Which one? What influenced her thinking on these issues?
- Did the meeting have any direct or indirect effect on her or her family? In what ways? Did she have family living in that part of the world?
- What did she think of the United States acting as a mediator for the two nations? Was she hopeful that a peaceful agreement would be reached?
- The fighting had been going on for years, and the talks at Camp David lasted for thirteen days. Were there times when she wondered if the nations would ever settle their differences?
- What was her reaction when she finally heard that a plan, called a Framework for Peace, was drafted and signed? Did she think the plan would be upheld? Why or why not?
- In what ways did she think the meetings at Camp David were historical?