U.S. Raid on Libya
Below is a list of Writing Ideas to help you with your biography.
See our instructions if you need help
printing these Writing Ideas or finding Writing Ideas related
to other Topics.
[ Continue with This Topic | Next Topic/List of Topics ]
- Why was she interested in the raid on Libya? Did she or someone she knew take part in the raid? Was she interested in that part of the world?
- The U.S. alleged that Libya sponsored terrorist attacks on American citizens at the Rome and Vienna airports on December 27, 1985--a charge Libya denied. What was her reaction to those charges and their denial? Whom did she believe?
- Was she living or traveling on that side of the world during this time? How did it affect her? Was she afraid to travel due to the terrorist attacks?
- The U.S. government decided to place sanctions on the Qaddafi regime in an attempt to ensure the safety of Americans living in Libya. What was her opinion of the sanctions? Did she think they would be effective?
- The U.S. later retaliated against the alleged Libyan bombings in Berlin by conducting bombing raids on targets in Tripoli and Benghazi. What was her first reaction to the news of the bombings? Did she support this decision? Why or why not?
- Was anyone she knew injured or killed in the bombings? What was the situation? Were they civilians? Were they in the military?
- After the crisis, it remained to be seen whether the U.S. approach to Libya had succeeded in curbing terrorism. What was her opinion on this? Did she think the U.S. had made progress? Was it worth the price?