Persian Gulf War
Below is a list of Writing Ideas to help you with your biography.
See our instructions if you need help
printing these Writing Ideas or finding Writing Ideas related
to other Topics.
[ Continue with This Topic | Next Topic/List of Topics ]
- Which branch were you serving in when you heard that you would participate in the Gulf War? How did you feel about this? Were you afraid, or proud to serve your country?
- When did you begin your duties as part of the Gulf War? What was your most vivid memory of this time? Specific people or places? A certain event? The food or the heat?
- What were your duties during the war? Did you fly in air raids or were you part of the ground troops? Were you on a ship? Were you especially skilled at one particular task?
- Did you become close friends with any of those you served with? Did you keep in touch in later years? Did you save any of their lives? Did they save yours?
- How did you keep in touch with your friends and family back home during this time? Did you save any letters you might have written or received? What did you miss most about home?
- The Gulf War introduced new technology to our society, such as S.C.U.D. missiles and advanced infrared targeting equipment. Did you use any of these innovations during the war? What were your experiences?
- Were you injured in any way? Describe what happened. What went through your mind when you realized you were hurt?
- If you were injured, did you heal quickly? Did you return home because of the injury, or did you go back to fight? How did it change you in ways that you noticed years later?
- Did you ever need to take someone's life? Describe the experience and how it affected you, both immediately and in the long term.
- When did your duties relating to the Persian Gulf War end? Describe this time. How were you feeling? Were you relieved that it was over? Did you feel that you had made a difference?
- Were you able to return to "normal functioning" after the war? Was it easy to put it all behind you and get on with your life, or did you have to struggle? What was the hardest to adjust to once you returned?
- Was there someone or something that was helpful in getting you through this time of adjustment? Could you suggest anything helpful to someone going through a similar situation?
- After all was said and done, what did you learn from your experiences in the military? Why were these lessons valuable to you? How did they change you and your ideas or values?
- How would you be different if you had never had these experiences?
- What sort of memorabilia did you save from this time? What did it symbolize to you? What memories and feelings did it bring back after the war?