Persian Gulf War
Below is a list of Writing Ideas to help you with your biography.
See our instructions if you need help
printing these Writing Ideas or finding Writing Ideas related
to other Topics.
[ Continue with This Topic | Next Topic/List of Topics ]
- What was it like at home? How was life different because of the war? Was there someone that you missed? What was the biggest sacrifice you had to make because of it?
- What did you do at home to help the war effort? Did you send letters or gifts to the troops overseas to help keep their spirits up? Did you wear a yellow ribbon or have a "Support Our Troops" bumper sticker? Did you think that people treated soldiers differently than they did during Vietnam?
- Did anyone close to you fight in this war? How did you feel when they left? Were you scared? Did you think that you would never see them again? How did things turn out?
- Did any of your family or friends die because of the war? Who? Did you know how he or she died? When did you find out about this person's death?
- How did you keep in touch with your loved ones who were away during this time? Did you save any letters you wrote or received?
- When did the war end for you? When the ground war was over? Was it when a loved one came home? Describe that day.
- Did you think that the Gulf War would have a lasting effect on Iraq and Saddam Hussein? Did you think that he would ever attempt anything of this nature again? Did you think that the fighting had gone far enough or not? Should the U.S. have captured Hussein?
- What was it like when your friends and family finally came home? Had they changed in ways you didn't expect? Had you changed in ways they didn't expect? What was hardest to adjust to once they got back? What was easiest?
- Did it take a long time for life to return to normal? Did it ever? Was it easy to put it all behind you and get on with your life or did you have to struggle? Why?
- What sort of memorabilia did you save from this time? Yellow ribbons or American flags? What did these items symbolize to you? What memories and feelings did it bring back after the war was over?