Persian Gulf War
Below is a list of Writing Ideas to help you with your biography.
See our instructions if you need help
printing these Writing Ideas or finding Writing Ideas related
to other Topics.
[ Continue with This Topic | Next Topic/List of Topics ]
- What was it like at home? How was life different because of the war? Was there someone that she missed? What was the biggest sacrifice she had to make because of it?
- What did she do at home to help the war effort? Did she send letters or gifts to the troops overseas to help keep their spirits up? Did she wear a yellow ribbon or have a "Support Our Troops" bumper sticker? Did she think that people treated soldiers differently than they did during Vietnam?
- Did anyone close to her fight in this war? How did she feel when they left? Was she scared? Did she think that she would never see them again? How did things turn out?
- Did any of her family or friends die because of the war? Who? Did she know how he or she died? When did she find out about this person's death?
- How did she keep in touch with her loved ones who were away during this time? Did she save any letters she wrote or received?
- When did the war end for her? When the ground war was over? Was it when a loved one came home? Describe that day.
- Did she think that the Gulf War would have a lasting effect on Iraq and Saddam Hussein? Did she think that he would ever attempt anything of this nature again? Did she think that the fighting had gone far enough or not? Should the U.S. have captured Hussein?
- What was it like when her friends and family finally came home? Had they changed in ways she didn't expect? Had she changed in ways they didn't expect? What was hardest to adjust to once they got back? What was easiest?
- Did it take a long time for life to return to normal? Did it ever? Was it easy to put it all behind her and get on with her life or did she have to struggle? Why?
- What sort of memorabilia did she save from this time? Yellow ribbons or American flags? What did these items symbolize to her? What memories and feelings did it bring back after the war was over?