Below is a list of Writing Ideas to help you with your biography.
See our instructions if you need help
printing these Writing Ideas or finding Writing Ideas related
to other Topics.
[ Continue with This Topic | Next Topic/List of Topics ]
- What traditions did you and your family have? Did you eat special foods on special days? Did you make a point of spending time together on certain days?
- As you grew older, were there family customs that you came to dislike? If yes, what were they, and did you have to go along with them anyway?
- As a teen, was there a special holiday on which you and your family carried out family traditions? Religious or state holidays, for example? What did you do on these days?
- How were birthdays or anniversaries special in your family? What did you do differently from what other families do? Was anything special done for your fifteenth, sixteenth, or eighteenth birthdays?
- Describe your everyday family routines. Did you always eat together at the table? Did you play games or spend time together in the evenings? Did these later become customs in your own family?
- Did you and your family get together regularly to take family portraits? Did you like to do this or did you dread it?
- Did you have family reunions when you were a teen? How often? What did you do at them? Were these times to revive family customs? Whom did you look forward to seeing?
- Of the customs that you shared with your family while growing up, which ones did you introduce to your own family?
- Many years later, what family tradition from this time was most memorable to you and why? Did it bring back memories of loved ones or the way life was in "yesteryear"?