Below is a list of Writing Ideas to help you with your biography.
See our instructions if you need help
printing these Writing Ideas or finding Writing Ideas related
to other Topics.
[ Continue with This Topic | Next Topic/List of Topics ]
- What traditions did you and your family have? Did you eat special foods on special days? Did you make a point of spending time together on certain days?
- At this point in time, were you raising your own family? If so, had you started your own family traditions? Did you still return to your family's home to carry out certain traditions?
- As you grew older, were there family customs that you found you disliked? If yes, what were they and did you go along with them anyway? Did you find that you were drifting away from your family and striking out on your own?
- As an adult, was there a special holiday on which you and your family carried out family traditions? Religious or state holidays, for example? What did you do on these days?
- How were birthdays or anniversaries special in your family? What did you do differently from what other families do? Did you organize parties for your parents' anniversaries or birthdays?
- As an adult, had you moved away from your family? If yes, did you miss the everyday family routines from the past, such as eating together or playing games in the evenings? Did things like this later become customs in your own family?
- Did you and your family get together regularly to take family portraits? Did you like to do this or did you dread it?
- Did you have family reunions when you were an adult? How often? How had these changed from when you were younger? Whom did you look forward to seeing?
- Of the customs that you shared with your family while growing up, which ones did you introduce to your own family?
- Many years later, what family tradition from this time in your life was most memorable to you and why? Did it bring back memories of loved ones or the way life was in "yesteryear"?