Below is a list of Writing Ideas to help you with your biography.
See our instructions if you need help
printing these Writing Ideas or finding Writing Ideas related
to other Topics.
[ Continue with This Topic | Next Topic/List of Topics ]
- What holidays did she celebrate? Why did she celebrate these holidays? Was it for patriotic or religious reasons?
- What was her favorite holiday? Why? What was her least favorite holiday? Why?
- Was there a holiday she didn't celebrate that she would have liked to? Why didn't she celebrate it?
- As she matured, did her holiday spirit change from when she was younger? Did the holidays seem more or less special?
- How did her holiday celebrations change over time? If she had kids, did she pass holiday traditions down to them?
- Did she have to divide holiday time between different sides of the family? How was this handled?
- Were there younger children around when she celebrated holidays in this period of her life? What was it like to see their reactions to special activities?
- As she grew older were there friends or family members that were no longer living? Was it difficult to celebrate without them?
- Did she ever wish she had celebrated her holidays differently? How would she have made them more special?
- Many people experience periods of depression, anxiety, or loneliness during holidays. Was her mood or emotional state affected during the holidays?
- Some people say that holidays are more commercial now than they used to be--that people have forgotten the reasons behind holidays. Did she feel this way?
- The rest of these Writing Ideas will help you sketch one of her specific holiday experiences. For example, a special Valentine's Day. To skip these Writing Ideas related to a specific holiday, hold down Control and press N.
- Were there foods, presents, or activities involved? Were any family traditions carried out? Describe the event.
- Where did she celebrate? Was it in her own home? Did she travel somewhere else?
- With whom did she celebrate? Family? Friends?
- What was her favorite part about the holiday? Having a vacation day? Giving or receiving gifts? Being with family?
- What was the worst part about the holiday? The food? The work? Family members?
- How much work did she have to put into this holiday? Did she have to cook? Clean? Coordinate? Did she enjoy this? Why or why not?
- Was her home decorated for the holiday? How was it decorated? Was it popular to do this in the area where she lived?