I beg to differ. I just copied the entire UFT directory across the network to another computer and it opened correctly. The steps I took (besides allowing the UFT directory to be shared) are as follows:
Created a UFT directory in the destination computer. Opened the UFT directory in the source computer from the destination computer in Windows Explorer Changed the view options to show hidden files. Selected all the UFT files Copied the files Pasted the files into the UFT directory in the destination computer Found the Uftree.exe file in the destination computer and opened the program. Opened correctly to the Open New or Existing screen. Selected existing and a database and it opened correctly.
It should be noted that all my project and library files were located in the UFT directory. I don't know if this would present a problem after the transfer process.
Also showing the hidden files may also have made the process successful. When the files were hidden and I did , Explorer recommended I unhide them.