Believe it or not I'm still in a quandry as to the cause of the initial problem. However, there was a light at the end of the tunnel, in that I have finally successfully compiled the database, and linked 797 photos, and converted it all to one Family Journal in WORD with Rich Text Format, and it managed to produce 5,386 pages total.These machines should be almost identical, however I'm going to try what you proposed just for fun to see the outcome. I hope that Mary also reads this since her quest was to burn a CD, and I can tell her not to worry about the size of her file. This one I just completed was only just over 58MB. With this last run of the journal I've now compiled five years of work onto one project, and will now begin editing to actually print this out in several volumes. Thank you so much for your input to a disastrous several months of attempting to finish what I started. Long live UFT !!