Ruth, Somewhere on this forum / message board there is a link to a patch which modifies a file so that it works under XP. Sorry I thought it was attrib. but its patch. I got it from a link from this forum
This is the Readme file for Patch2x, version 1.0.
Patch2x updates international FoxPro for Windows version development environment and runtime library files to eliminate the "Divide by Zero or Overflow Error" message upon startup. This error is encountered when starting FoxPro for Windows or a runtime FoxPro for Windows application on a "fast machine", i.e. a computer which has a processor with a clock speed higher than 300 MHz or so.
The patch program is distributed in the compressed executable IPatchFP.EXE.
FileDescription ====================== PATCH2x.EXEPatch Program README.TXTThis Readme file
Situation 1 - Applying Patch When Using FoxPro For Windows Development Environment
1. Place a copy of PATCH2x.EXE in your FoxPro for Windows directory. This directory will be C:FPW26 if you installed FoxPro 2.6 into the default location. 2. Start a Command Prompt (Windows NT) or MS-DOS Prompt (Windows 9x). The program item to do this can be found under the Windows Start menu, under the Programs group. 3. Issue the following commands at the command prompt. Note that the directory after the CD command will need to be your FPW directory, where you copied PATCH2x.EXE in step 1. Copies are made of each of the files will be made with the .OLD extensions. The commands involving FOXW2600.ESL are applicable only to the Professional Edition of FoxPro For Windows.
Situation 2 - Applying Patch When Using FoxPro For Windows 2.6a Runtime Application
1. Place a copy of PATCH2x.EXE in the directory containing the FoxPro for Windows runtime library file. For FoxPro 2.6, this file is called FOXW2600.ESL. 2. Start a Command Prompt (Windows NT) or MS-DOS Prompt (Windows 9x). The program item to do this can be found under the Windows Start menu, under the Programs group. 3. Issue the following commands at the command prompt. Note that the directory after the CD command will need to be the directory where you copied PATCH2x.EXE in step 1.
CD COPY FOXW2600.ESL FOXW2600.OLD PATCH2x FOXW2600.ESL
1. FOXPROW.EXE is the development environment executable. It is installed with FoxPro for Windows, Standard and Professional editions. FOXW2600.ESL is the runtime library for FoxPro for Windows 2.6 or 2.6a. It is installed with FoxPro for Windows, Distribution Kit, which is included with the Professional Edition.
2. Patch2x is a 32-bit Windows command line executable. It requires Windows 9x or Windows NT. It will not work under Windows 3.x.
3. If the filename passed to Patch2x is incorrectly spelled or does not include the file extension, Patch2x will return the message: "Could not find the target file ''."
4. If you attempt to patch a file that has already been patched, Patch26 will return the message: "I cannot find anything to patch. The file may already be patched, or it might not be a patchable file."