Well, lucky for me that we have 4 computers in the house.We loaded the UFT software onto my husband's computer, we backed up my UFT project onto a CD, loaded the info from the CD into the UFT software on his computer and then he generated a gedcom. He then saved the gedcom to a share file that I was able to access from my computer and I loaded the gedcom into Genbox Family History.My place file was corrupted shortly after I started using UFT and all of my places (cities, states, etc...) said "missing place file" instead of the cities, states or whatever I had entered into the field. After trying everything that we knew to try I ended up calling the software maker and I remember we sent them my project and they were able to fix most of it, but I noticed that every time I generated a gedcom I would lose some of my places, so at that point I stopped generating gedcoms and the problem stopped.
I'm not sure why it works on my husband's computer.... Being that the software is outdated and no longer supported, I surely didn't want to mess anything up.I back up my data onto CD's regularly.I started noticing recently that some of places had "missing place file" in the field again and that's when I decided I had to get away from this software.