I know that due to my setup of using Projects in their own folders I run into some problems I never hear anyother user having. Here is another.
I send my Projects to my laptop for use there and a backup. To transfer I use LapLink Pro. At first I would only transfer the changed files and noticed problems so started to copy all files in the Project Named folder (contains the Project, Imange, and Library folders). In looking at sources in the transfered records I didn't have a problem. Then I copied over a folder. I started seeing the sources disappear when clicking on the X.Wow! I said what's happening. Went back to the Desktop and everying is ok. Check other Project on the laptop are ok. What I have now found that if the old Project is deleted from the laptop and a fresh copy transfered everything is ok.