I posted my message on the 17th concerning my problem with my Family Journal generator. and in a few hours had thoughtful help from three people. My sincere thanks to Maggie Kitts, William Roberts and Frank Malaney.
I fixed the problem by identifyig the exact individual where the Family Jounral was stopping. Then, I searched all the data for this individual thinking I would find a forbidden symbol such as the number sign but I was surprised to find I did not. I could not see anything wrong with the data in the record and I had generated reports only a few days ago that contained (as far as I could see) the same data. I deleted the record anyway and reinput data to create a new record. This solved the problem. So, I guess there was some kind of contamination that I literally could not see.
Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. You saved me hours of work.