Abingdon: RAF 52 and 63 Sqdns, 10 OTU. Closed 1992.
Akeman Street: RAF
Barford St John: RAF 16 OTU, E28/39 jet development, closed 1946.
Benson: RAF 103 and 150 Sqdns, 1 PRU. Today operational RAF base.
Bicester: RAF 104 and 108 Sqdns, 13 OTU. RAF Gliding Centre, old camp fenced off, tower remains.
Brize Norton, 5m SW of Whitney: RAF 296 and 297 Sqdns, USAF in 1951, RAF in 1965, operational.
Broadwell: RAF 512 and 575 Sqdns, some concrete remains after closure 1947.
Chalgrove, Station 465, 10m SE of Oxford: USAAF IX Photo Recon, 10th PG, 30th PhotoS, later 31st and 34th PhotoSqgdns, 423rd NFS from Charmy Down, redesignated as 155th Photoreconnaissance Sq., 15th Tactical Recon. Sq. from Middle Wallop, all leaving for France by mid-August 44. IX Troup Carrier Command Pathfinder Group (Provisional) from North Witham, 8th USAAF Reconnaissance Group 3-10/45. Martin-Baker Aircraft Co. (lease), memorial to US personnel near airfield entrance.
Chipping Norton: RAF
Cowley, 3m SE of Oxford: CRU for Spitfires and Hurricanes, Morris Motor Co.
Edgehill, 9m NW of Banbury: RAF 21 OTU, no remains, today gravel pit.
Enstone, 5m E of Chipping Norton: Satellite for RAF 21 OTU. No. 17 SFTS. Site used for sports flying, some buildings remain.
Grove, Station 519, near Wantage: 9th USAAF 3rd TAD, IX AFSC, 31st Transport Group, 302nd ATW, 1st TG (Provisional), later to France, 31st TG HQ later to Germany. RAF training AFTU as satellite of Brize Norton, after the war storage. Light industry, housing estate.
Harwell, 6m S of Abingdon: RAF 226 Sq., 15 OTU. Now Atomic Energy Research Establishment.
Kiddington (Glympton): RAF
Kidlington: RAF No. 20 AFU.
Kingston Bagpuize, Station 403: Runways laid by US 816th Aviation Engineer Bn. and RAF 50515 Airfield Construction Sq., 208th Eng. Combat Bn., 4th TAD from Charmy Down, with 2nd and 42nd Air Depot Groups, runways (PSP) taken up by US 829th Engineer Bn., today pig farm, derelict tower.
Mount Farm, Station 234: 3m N of Dorchester, RAF 12 OTU, 140 Sq., 13th Photographic Sqdn., 8th USAAF 7th Photographic Group (F-5 Lightnings B, C and E, B25 Mitchells, Spitfires, AT-6D Texan) (13th, 14th, 22nd and 27th Photo Sqdns.). Today gravel pits.
Stanton Harcourt: RAF
Upper Heyford, 5m NW of Bicester: RAF 7 and 76 Sqdns, 16 OTU, after the war USAF 93rd Air Refuelling Squadron until 1993. Closed.
Witney: De Havilland repair site for Hurricanes and Dominies. Closed 1946, now commercial development.