LST-30 LST-30 was laid down on 12 January 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Launched on 3 May 1943, sponsored by Mrs. C. B. Jansen; and commissioned on 3 July 1943.
During World War II, LST-30 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operation:
Invasion of Normandy-June 1944
LST-30 was decommissioned on 6 March 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 8 May 1946. On 2 April 1947, she was sold to W. Horace Williams Co., of New Orleans, La., and was converted for merchant service.
LST-30 earned one battle star for World War II service.