Hi Melanie I saw your request for info. about Richard Garrett, and as I do free research for people who require information from the Adelaide Library, I had a search for you a few days ago. I realise that you already have some of the information, but thought the following may also be of some interest.
IMMIGRATION APPLICATION FOR ASSISTED PASSAGE TO SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
Richard Garrett, sawyer & Turner of Chichester aged 34yrs, wife 35yrs, male children aged 14yrs, 13, 11, 9 &4 females aged 7,5,2, & 9 months applied for passage 9th January 1840.Application No. 6732. Embarkation No. 4168
1841 CENSUS FOR ADELAIDE.(This was the first, and only surviving census of Adelaide)
Richard Garrett, 1 male aged under 7yrs, 2 males under 11yrs, 1 male under 21yrs 1 male under 50yrs, 3 females under 7yrs, 1 female under 14yrs, 1 female under 50yrs,resided at Thebarton at the time of the census.
1. Richard Garrett, aged 40yrs, widower, father's name not recorded married 12/3/1850 to Jane Aargent, 33yrs, widow, father's name not recorded at St. george Church, Gawler Dis. adelaide. ref b13 p82 symbol "A" denoting information has been amended or deducted from the original record.
2.Richard garrett, of full age, single, father's name not recorded married 25/12/1855 to Maryann Thorncroft of full age, single, father's name not recorded at Congregational Chapel, Kapunda Dis. Adelaide ref b24 p195 symbol "A".
CHILDREN BORN TO RICHARD GARRETT & MARY ANN THORNCROFT.
1. Charles born 19/5/1845 place of birth not recorded, Dis. Adelaide. ref b1 p111
2. Elizabeth Harriet 16/6/60 near Tanunda Dis. Angaston. ref b21 p160
3. Helene 13/4/64 Sandscrup near Tanunda Dis. Angaston b30 p413
CHILDREN BORN TO RICHARD GARRETT & JANE BURLING
1.Jane 8/5/57 Angas Park, Dis. Angaston ref b12 p164
2. Lucie 15/6/59 Angas Park Dis. Angaston b17 p600
3. Harry 3/12/54 place of birth not recorded, Dis. Adelaide. b5 p80
1. Charles aged 19 days of Angas Park died 7/6/45. Place of death not recorded. Son of Richard garrett Dis. Adelaide b1 p33
2. Harry aged 2yrs and 6 months of Angas Park 28/7/57 at Angas Park. Son of Richard garrett Dis. Angaston b7 p82
3. Jane aged 52yrs, of Sandscrub near Tanunda died 24/12/66 at Sandscrub near Tanunda. Wife of Richard Garrett Dis. Angaston ref b25 p515. symbol "V" denoting a variation in spelling on the original certificae.
4. Mary aged 42yrs, of Angas Park died 19/5/45 place of death not recorded. Wife of Richard garrett Dis. Adelaide ref b1 p33
5. Thomas aged 15yrs, of Goodwood died 11/6/42 place of death not recorded. Son of Richard garrett. Dis. adelaide ref b1 p1
I hope this may be of some help.Don't hesitate to get back to me if you would like me to look for anything else.