Hi Russ I'm in Adelaide and for about 7 years now I have been doing free research for anyone who wants information from the records here. I saw your request re James Henry Reed and Bertha Marie Armbruster in April 2003, and decided to see what I could find.
James Henry Reed, aged 25yrs, single, son of James Reed married 24th August 1882 to Bertha Marie Armbruster, aged 19yrs, single, daughter of John Frederick Martin Armbruster at Utinitarian Christian Church, Adelaide Dis. Adelaide ref b132 p788
Bertha Maria ARmbruster, born 7th March 1863 Adelaide Dis. Adelaide to Johan Friedrich Martin Armbruster and Sophia Maria Rosenhene ref b27 p167.(Bertha was the oldest of five children)
CHILDREN BORN TO BERTHA MARIA ARMBRUSTER & JAMES HENRY REED.
1. ARthur 21/8/84 Medindie Dis. Adel ref b335 p139
2. Beatrice 7/2/92 College Park Dis. Norwood b495 p403
3. Dorothy 14/12/88 Kednt Town Dis. Norwood b430 p91
4. Gilbert 19/11/86 North Adelaide Dis. Adel b386 p286
5. Harry 11/6/83 Medindie Dis. adelaide ref b306 p340
1. Harry aged 3 months of Medindie died 19/9/83 at Medindie. Son of Harry Reed, Dis. Adelaide ref b130 p483
2. James Henry, aged 44yrs, of Kent Town died 9/8/1901 at Kent Town. Informant not recorded. Dis. Norwood ref b279 p254
3. Gilbert Reed, 20yrs, single, son of James Henry Reed married 21/12/1906 to Pauline Marie Gullidge, aged 21yrs, single, daughter of James Gullidge at Parsonage, Chief Street, Brompton Dis. Hindmarsh. ref b229 p1300
4. Arthur, 46yrs of age, single, son of James Henry Reed married 24/6/1931 to Marjory Mavis Lattin, aged 29yrs, single, daughter of Alfred Lattin at Registry Office, Adelaide Dis. Adel. ref b327 p764.
I hope this is of some help to you.If there is anything else you would like me to look for, please don't hesitate to ask.I try to get to the library each week.