I'm in Adelaide for for the last 8 years or so have been doing free research for anyone around the world who is looking for imformation from the records here in the Mortlock Library.I was in the library yesterday and had a look for some information re the "Hamence" family.Following is what I managed to find, although some of it is not what you were expecting.
Edwad Hamence, of full age, father's name not recorded married 31st March 1855 to Mary Custance, of full age, widow, father's name not recorded at Christ Church, North Adelaide Dis. Adelaide ref b22 p72 symbol "A" which denotes either (1) additional information appears on the marriage record, or (2) an amendment has been made by the Registrar to the information on the marriage record.
CHILDREN BORN TO EDWARD HAMENCE & MARY CUSTANCE.
1. Joseph 28/11/56 Brompton Dis. Adelaide. ref b7 p192 (mother's maiden name spelt Kernet)
A discrepancy in spelling is extremely common on our records, particularly if one of partners comes from a country where the accent was fairly broad e.g. Ireland, Scotland etc.
If you are not aware of it, I always put the page and book reference nos. at the end of any information I send. The reason I do this, is because South Australian BDM certificates are the dearest in Australia ($27 each). By quoting the reference nos. I send, a discount is given when applying for a certificate (I have no idea how much) because it saves the staff searching for ages to find the right entry.
1. Morris aged 26yrs, single, son of Edwad Hamence married 18/10/85 to Anna Lampshire, aged 21yrs, single, daughter to Joseph Lampshire atBible Christian Manse, Franklin Street, Adelaide Dis. Adelaide ref. b145 p344
2. William aged 23yrs, marital status not recorded, son of Edward Hamence married 30/12/58 to Eliza Ann, aged 20yrs, marital status not recorded, daughter of Thomas William Lawton as Wesleyan Chapel, North Adelaide Dis. Adelaide ref b36 p119
3. Joseph aged 23yrs, single, son of Edwad Hamence married 17/7/80 to Charlotte, aged 19yrs, single, daughter of Matthew Keirel at Primitive Methodist Manse, Adelaide Dis. adelaide ref b124 p170
4. Tom aged 23yrs, marital status not recorded, son of Edward Hamence married 4/9/64 to Caroline, aged 21yrs, single, daughter of Thomas Thorn, at Residence of Mr. Thorn at Wallaroo Dis. Adelaide ref b59 p375 symbol "A"
There is no marrige or death recorded in South Australian records of a George Hamence.
Please don't hesitate to ask if you want me to look for anything/anyone else in our records here. I try to get into the library most weeks, but it can take a week or two before I can do a search for you, as I am apparently becoming know in genealogical circles (so I am told!) and sometimes there's quite a pile of requests. Don't get that wrong. I don't mind at all, I love the challenge.
My husband and I are Salvo chaplains in an Aged care facility in Adelaide where we work with around 50 people who are all quite old, and every one has some degree of dementia, so some time on my own in the library once a week is a blessing.
Hope the above helps to some degree, and look forward to hearing from you.