I was in the South Aus. State Library today where I do all my research and I had a look for information re James Edgar Snr. and Elizabeth nee Rae, who arrived in South Australia 1877 aboard the "Forfarshire".
The following is what I managed to find:-
ARRIVAL FROM OVERSEAS.
James Edgar, Elizabeth nee Rae, and children, John and Edward Henry, and Marion, Mary Jane, William and James Jnr.
arrived in South Australia 23rd Sepember 1877 aboard the
1. Donald Stanley aged 70 yers, widower, of Glanville died 16th July 1971 at Glanville District Port adelaide reference book 132 page 5052.
2.Victor Edgar aged 51 years, married of Mile End died 10th March 1936 in Adelaide, District Adelaide reference book 577 page 930 Symbol "H" denoting this person died in a hospital.
3. Mary Jane aged 86 years, widow, of Parkside died 14th January 1939 at Parkside, Disrtrict Norwood widow fo John Williams, reference book 609 page 464 symbol 'H'
4. Clara Amnelia aged 72 yers, widow of Largs Bay died 13th April 1943 at North Adelaide, District Adelaide, widow fo James Edgar refeence book 664 page 2942 symbol 'H'
5. Sydney Roy aged 69 years of Richmond died 19th March 1970 at Richmond, District Adelaide, informant Irene Elizabeth Edgar (wife) reference book 85 "A" page 2103
6. Clifford Noel aged 56 years, married of Croydon died 1st June 1962 at Croydon, District Hindmash. reference book 939 page 3220.
1.James Edgar married 3rd April 1857 to Elizabeth Rae at Closeburn, Dumfries Scotland.
2. James Edgar, son of James Edgar married Clara Amelia Cox 26th June 1894 in District Bourke, Melbourne, Victoria
3. Harry aged 27 yers, son of Fong Limb Soo married 17th June 1879 to Margaret Rae, 20 years, single, daughter fo Jams Edgar at Residence of Harry Look, Goolwa District Encounter Bay reference book 119 page 989
4. John Williams aged 28 years single, son of Edward Williams married 18th April 1883 to Mary Jane Edgar 22 years, single, daughter of James Edgar at residence of
J.Williams, Adelaide, District Adelaide reference book 135 page 241
CHILD BORN TO JAMES EDGAR AND ELIZABETH RAE.
1. Elizabeth Douglas born 21st October 1878 at Hindmarsh Island, District Encounter Bay reference book 20 page 291
CHILDREN BORN TO JAMES EDGAR AND CLARA AMELIA FOX
1. Clarice May born 26th Augut 1902 at Parkside, District Adelaide reference book 700 page 345
2. Clifford Noel born 19th October 1905 at Parkside, District Adelaide reference book 756 page 65
3. Emily Ruby born 1st Decemebr 1897 at Mitcham, District Adelaide.
4. Sidney Roy born 28th December 1900 at Parkside, District Adelaide reference book 669 page 359
5. Violet Elizabeth born 25th June 1895 at Strathalbyn District Strathalbyn reference book 565 page 169
CHILD BORN TO HARRY LOOK AND MARGARET RAE EDGAR.
1. Thomas Duglas born 31st August 1879 at Goolwa District Encounter Bay reference book 226 page 231
CHILDREN BORN TO JOHN WILLIAMS AND MARY JANE EDGAR
1. Donald Stanley born 7th Septembr 1900 at Norwood, District Norwood refrence book 664 apge 364
2. Edith born 25th October 1885 at Adelaide, District Adelaide reference book 362 page 218
3. Elizabeth Myrtle born 26th October 1892 at Norwood, District Norwood referenc ebook 510 page 3
4. Elsie Susannah born 5th June 1896 at Norwood District Norwood reference book 585 page 453
5. Ethel May born 18th March 1889 at Stepney, District Norwood reference book 434 pgae 290
6. James Edward Roy born 18th October 1890 at Stepney, District Norwood reference book 466 apge 489
7. Lilly Hilda born 9th September 1891 at Norwood, Disrict Norwood reference book 486 page 465
8. Victor Edgar born 24th July 1884 at Adelaide, District Adelaide reference book 332 page 406.
I hope the above is of some interest to you.