I'm in Adelaide and for 12 years I have been doing free research for people all over the world who want information about ancestors/family who came to South Australia in the 1800's.I saw your request on the GENFORUM re Hunkins in south australia.The following is what I did find when I was in the South Australian State Library yesterday.
ARRIVAL FROM OVERSEAS.
Phillip Hunkin, married aged 42 years occupation Mason, and Mary Ann, wife aged 40 years, and daughter Mary J. aged 8 years and son, William J. aged 5 years and Thomas H., son aged 2 years and Charles H. son aged 1 year all arrived in South Australia 16th August 1876 aboard the "Oaklands" which sailed from Plymouth 21st May 1876
I did search our shipping records from Tasmania to South Australia, but not even one record of the surname Hunkin was in the records.
CHILDREN BORN TO PHILLIP HUNKIN & MARY ANN TRENOWDEN.
1. Charles Henry born 6th November 1876 in Kooringa, District Burra reference book 174 page 24
2. Charles Henry born 21st December 1877 at Parkside, District Adelaide reference book 193 page 465 (mother's surname spelt Trenoudon on this record)
John Hunkin aged 30 years, single, son of Phillip Hunkin married 28th February 1895 to Sarah Watters, aged 19 years, single, daughter of Richard Thompson at St. Luke Church, Adelaide District Adelaide reference book 182 page 796
2. Phillip Hunkin aged 22 years, single, son of Phillip Hunkin married 1st November 1877 to Grace Alice aged 21 years, single, daughter of Stephen Morcom at Registry Office, Adelaide District Adelaide reference book 113 page
3. William John Hunkin aged 27 years, widower, son of Phillip Hunkin married 7th November 1885 to Fanny Florence aged 22 years, single, daughter of James Coles at residence of John Talbot, Gladstone Disrict Clare reference book 145 page 442.
4. William James aged 29 years, single, son of Phillip Hunkin marired 27th March 1902 to Florence Ethel aged 22 years, single, daughter of Edward Gare at Methodist Church, Malvern District Adelaide reference book 210 page 1273
CHILDREN BORN TO JOHN HUNKIN & SARAH WATTERS THOMPSON.
1. Eleanor born 12th Setpember 1900 at Parkside District Adelaide reference book 664 page 453
2. Kathleen Glover born 7th March 1898 at Parkside District Adelaide reference book 619 page 59
3. Mary Elizabeth born 8th Octobr 1895 at Parkside District Adelaide reference book 573 page 346
4. Phillip Richard Francis John born 24th December 1905 at Prospect District adelaide reference book 758 page 476
5. Matthew William Henry Reece born 24th June 1910 at Prospect District Adelaide reference book 846 page 10
CHLDREN BORN TO WILLIAM JAMES HAWKIN & FLORENCE ETHEL GARE.
1. Gertrude Mary born 19th february 1903 at Malvern District Adelaide reference book 708 page 331
2. Stanley Neil born 18th Setpember 1905 at Malvern District Adelaide reference book 754 page 29
3. Milton Phillip born 17th April 1914 at New Parkside, District Adelaide reference book 935 page 453
4. Miriam Alice Florence born 6th July 1918 at Unley, District Adelaide reference book 22 page 373 symbol 'A' denoting (1) the Registrar has included additional information on this birth record and/or (2) The Registar has made an amendment to the information on this birth record.
CHILDREN BORN TO PHILLIP HUNKIN & GRACE ALICE MORCOM.
1. Mary Elizabeth born 24th May 1879 at Parkside District Adelaide reference book 219 page 328
CHILDREN BORN TO PHILLIP HENRY HUNKIN & grace thomas.
Hilda Mabel born 20th Setpembr 1883 at Echunga diggings, District Mount Barker reference book 312 page 204
Thomas Harris aged 28 years, single, son of Phillip Hunkin married 12th June 1902 to Annie Christine aged 30 years, single, daughter of John Carlier at Batpist Church, Goodwood District Adelaide reference book 211 page 1145