I just got some new information from the town clerk of Chelsea, MA. that might help us researching this line:
1. From marriage record: Zebedee Moores of 549 Washington Avenue in Chelsea, MA., age 34 yrs., an iron worker. born N.F., was son of William Moores and Katherine Flight. This was his second marriage and he was a widower. He married Selina Minnie King in Chelsea, MA. on Dec. 1, 1926. Arthur D. Stroud married them. At the time of the marriage, Selina Minnie King was living at 28 Lynn Street in Chelsea, MA. She was age 27 years, born N.F., a lithograph worker, and this was her first marriage. She was daughter of Silas King and Ellen Diamond.
2. Information from you: Selina Minnie King was born on Jan. 31, 1899, d/o Silas King ( fisherman of Broad Cove, N.F. ) and Ellen Diamond ( of Adams Cove, N.F. Silas and Ellen were married Dec. 19, 1883. Zebedee Moore was born Feb. 8, 1891 in Broad Cove, N.F. Witnesses at the marriage of Silas King and Ellen Diamond were: Miriam Diamond and Peter Diamond.
John King married Jane Diamond at Blackhead Methodist Church on Jan. 1, 1878. Silas King was listed as a witness. So far, you have been unable to locate John KIng's parents. At the time that John married Jane, he was of Broad Cove, N.F. and she was of Adams Cove, N.F.
3. From will of John King, N.F., vol. 12, pp. 385-86, 1923: John King, son of Oliver King of Broad Cove, Bay De Verde, N.F. mentions his wife, Catherine King. He mentions his land is bound by land belonging to Silas King ( no relationship mentioned ), Jabez Legrow, Adam Legrow, John Legrow, etc. He lists his children as: John Charles King, Oliver King, Hugh King, and George King. His executor was Peter Legrow and it was signed and dated on Jan. 29, 1915. I don't know Silas King's connection to this John King above.
4. In the 1945 census for Carbonear, Bay De Verde, N.F.: There was a Silas King, age 61 yrs., with wife, Elsie (61), and children: Margaret (19), William (HOH) (37 ), with wife, Dorcas ( 33 ) and daughter, Elizabeth(1).
5. From 1935 census for Broad Cove, Carbonear, Bay De Verde, N.F.: Silas King, father, widower, (78 ), was living with his children: Ellen(11), Arthur(7), and Kevin(2). Seems hard to believe huh?
Also in the same census, there was Silas King(HOH;51), and wife, Elsie(50), and children: William(27), Emma(18), and Margaret(9). So this must have been Silas King, Jr. and the above one was Silas King, Sr.
6. From 1898 McAlpine's Directory for Bay De Verde, Broad Cove South: listed was William King, John King, and Silas King, all sone of Oliver King( general dealer ). Plus listed were Silas KIng and John King ( sons of Adam King ), all fishermen. So we've got our pick of possible fathers of Silas KIng, Sr.: Oliver King or Adam King.
7. On the " SS Newfoundland " sailing from St. John's on May 28, 1927 and arriving in Boston, MA. on June 2, 1927: listed was Silas King, 45, married, of N.F. going to Chelsea, MA. His nearest relative was his wife, Elsie King, in Broad Cove, N.F. He also came to Chelsea, MA. in 1920 and 1926. He was going to visit his daughter, Silvia Wareham of 16 Watt Street in Chelsea, MA. . Right below him on the list were Samuel King, Fred Legrow, and Thomas Legrow, all of Broad Cove, N.F.
That's all that I have for now.