WLL5419 Source: Cockburn, P. (Ed.). 2002. Killean Presbyterian Cemetery, Second Edition. Wellington County Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society. Guelph, Ontario. ISBN 978-0-7779-1933-0 Availability: Publication copies can be purchased from the following sources: •Wellington County Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society. http://www.ogs.on.ca/wellington/http://www.ogs.on.ca/wellington/ •Ontario Genealogical Society e-Store. http://www.ogs.on.ca/ogscart/index.phphttp://www.ogs.on.ca/ogscart/index.php Transcriptions of cemetery inscriptions are also available through Pay-Per-View via the Ontario Genealogical Society website. http://www.ogs.on.ca/http://www.ogs.on.ca/ Digital photographs of each tombstone have been recorded and the originals are held by the Wellington County Museum & Archives. http://www.wcm.on.ca/http://www.wcm.on.ca/ Cemetery: OGS Cemetery ID: 5419 Location: 6718 Concession Road 1 Concession 1 Lots 9/10, Puslinch Township, Wellington County Status: Active Inscriptions last recorded: 2001. History: The first burial in what is now the Killean Cemetery was in 1834. In October 1831 John Thomson purchased the land for his father, James Thomson. On the journey from Killean Parish in Kintyre, Argyleshire, James’ sons contracted tuberculosis. His son Malcolm (1813-1834) died during the first winter. His body was brought from Hamilton and buried in the west corner of the farm (Lot 10). Four other sons also died: James (1816-1840), Donald (1810-1843), Neil (1812-1840), and Angus (1818- 1852) and were buried. On the adjoining land (Lot 9) to the west was a tavern and hostel run by Angus Blue. There is evidence that there were burials of persons, often unknown, on the west side of the Thomson line. Burials continued on both sides of the line fence until October 12, 1872, when the two property owners, Donald Fergusson, who now owned the Lot 9 property formerly occupied by Angus Blue, and John Thomson on Lot 10, deeded the burial ground to the trustees of Killean Cemetery.