Winthrop B. Sealy, of Barleyfield, Bandon, was the owner of over 2000 acres in county Cork in the 1870s and was among the principal lessors in the parish of Rathclarin, East Carbery barony, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. John Sealy (or Seely) was among the principal lessors in the parish of Ballymoney at the same time. Richard Sealey of Richmount held property in the parish of Ballymodan, barony of Kinalmeaky and owned over 800 acres in the 1870s. In 1854, almost 500 acres at Kilcoleman West, barony of Kinalmeaky, the property of John T.H. Sealy, were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court. Lands in the barony of Ibane and Barryroe, the property of John Sealy and John Young, were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court in April 1858. Mrs Elizabeth Sealy held land in the parish of Ballyhay, barony of Fermoy in the mid 19th century. Her representatives owned 950 acres in the 1870s.