Loughgilly (Loch Goilí in Irish) is a small village in County Armagh, Northern Ireland. It is a small rural community situated on the main Armagh to Newry road, about half way between the two cities. In the 2001 Census it had a population of 69 people. It is situated in the Armagh City and District Council area.
The Loughgilly Together residents association was formed in October 1999 by people concerned about deterioration of facilities and the appearance of the area. It has transformed and runs a park and children's play area.
During the Irish Rebellion of 1641, Markethill and district did not escape the havoc and barbarity. Sir Phelim O'Neill on his march from Newry to Armagh in 1641, ordered Mulmory MacDonell "... to kill all the English and Scots within the parishes of Mullebrack, Logilly and Kilcluney". Among properties destroyed were the Parish Churches of Mullaghbrack and Kilcluney, Achesons Castle at Markethill and Hamiltons "bawn" at Hamiltonsbawn. The rectors of Mullaghbrack (Reverend Mercer) and Loughgilly (Reverend Burns) both lost their lives.