am researching the following family - Soto/Garcia and Granillo/Ortega from Sonora Mexico.I have included any information that I have and would appreciate any help.Thank you
Becky Davison Drew email@example.com
1. Victor Jesús Garcia SOTOwas born on 9 Mar 1950 in Douglas,Cochise, Arizona.
Victor married Mari Ellen GRANILLOdaughter of Alejandro GRANILLO and Demetria ORTEGA on 4 Mar 1968 in Florence, Pinal, Arizona. The marriage ended in divorce.
He married Arellanos. Mari was born on 21 Apr 1948.
2.Francisco "Pancho" SOTOwas born on 4 Jan 1930 in East Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California. He married Maria Castillo GARCIA on 1 Oct 1947 in Douglas,Cochise, Arizona.
3. Maria Castillo GARCIAwas born on 1 Dec 1931 in Villa Hidalgo, Sonora, Mexico.
4. Jesús Oros SOTOwas born on 19 Jun 1909 in Suaqui de Batuc, Sonora, Mexico. He died on 16 Aug 1981 in Douglas,Cochise, Arizona. He married Guadalupe MONTAÑO on 16 Mar 1927 in Oputo, Sonora, Mexico.
5.Guadalupe MONTAÑOwas born on 10 Jun 1909 in Huasábas, Sonora, Mexico. She died on 16 Oct 1985 in Douglas,Cochise, Arizona.
6.Marcolfo Gamez GARCIAwas born on 7 Nov 1907 in Suaqui de Batuc, Sonora, Mexico. He died in 1983 in Douglas,Cochise, Arizona. He married Delfina CASTILLO in Oputo, Sonora, Mexico.
7.. Delfina CASTILLOwas born in 1910 in Oputo, Sonora, Mexico. She died on 19 Aug 1938 in Oputo, Sonora, Mexico.
8.Franciso SOTOwas born about 1880 in Suaqui de Batuc, Sonora, Mexico. Date of his death is unknown. He married Maria OROS.
9. Maria OROSwas born about 1880 in Bacanora, Sonora, Mexico. Date of her death is unknown.
10. Juan MONTAÑOwas born about 1870. Date of his death is unknown. He married María Jesús HIGUERA.
11. María Jesús HIGUERAwas christened on 21 Mar 1870 in San Lsidro Labrador, Granados, Sonora, Mexico. Date of her death is unknown.
12. Felix GARCIAwas born about 1880 in Suaqui de Batuc, Sonora, Mexico. He diedin Suaqui de Batuc, Sonora, Mexico. Date of his death is unknown. He married Carmen GAMEZ.
13. Carmen GAMEZwas born on 2 Feb 1882 in Suaqui de Batuc, Sonora, Mexico. She died on 2 Nov 1972 in Douglas,Cochise, Arizona.
14. Victoriano CASTILLOwas born about 1880. Date of his death is unknown. He married Ricarda
15. Ricarda CASTILLOwas born about 1880. Date of her death is unknown.
20.Francisco MONTAÑOwas born about 1850. Date of his death is unknown. He married Gregoria MORENO.
21.Gregoria MORENOwas born about 1850. Date of her death is unknown.
22. Jesús HIGUERAwas born about 1850. Date of his death is unknown. He married Rosa VERLARDE.
23. Rosa VERLARDEwas born about 1850. Date of her death is unknown.
Possible information on Marcolfo Gamez GARCIA
Birth Date:23 Nov 1907
Death Date:May 1983
Possible information on Maria OROS
possible namefrom IGI Maria de la Luz Campa Oros
Christened 29 May 1880 Bacanora, Sonora, Mexico
f = Francisco Campa
m= Pomposa Oros
Possible information on María Jesús HIGUERA
Possible christening date for Maria Florentina Yguera -21 Mar 1870
or Maria Juana Yguera 29 Dec 1871
f = Jesus Ygueram= Rosa Belardes or Velarde
Written history on Carmen GAMEZ
Carmen Gamez was born on February 2nd, 1882 in Suaque de Batuc, Sonora, Mexico. She said that as a young girl in Mexico, she once served a meal to Pancho Villa. She married Felix Garcia and had 5 boys: Jesus, Santos, Felix Jr., Marcolfo, and Carlos. At the young age of 23, she became a widow after her husband Felix died of pneumonia. Now she had the task of raising 5 boys alone. She worked as a midwife and a curandera, delivering many a baby and nursing people back to health. She also worked as a cook at Rancho de la Mora for the Soto family and they also employed her sons as well. Her sons grew up, got married and had children of their own. Carmen never remarried. When her son Marcolfo's wife died of a burst appendix,
Carmen took over the welfare and raising up of her grandchildren: Maria, Margarita and Manuel. Times were tough and money was scarce, but she raised her children and then her grandchildren as best she could with her talents. When her grandchildren grew up, she lived with some of her sons, as she was already elderly. She would visit her grandchildren and even stay with them as each great grandchild was born. She would always bring a flour sack filled with biscochuelos for the children that she had made herself. In the late 60's, Carmen suffered a stroke and could no longer be cared for at home. She went to a nursing home in Douglas and died in November 2nd, 1972.- Sylvia Soto Classen.
Possible information on Jesús HIGUERA
Possible spelling of last name Yguera
Possible information on Rosa VERLARDE
possible spelling of last name Belardes.