Can You Help or do you have Pettigrew's in your family tree I have a James Pettigrew believe from Scotland but have not yet proved it, have the line up to present day
1. James Pettigrew. James died on 1 Apr 1804.
James first appears on the Muster Roll of the 19th Foot in Ceylon in 1794, he made Cpl Oct 1799, and Sgt Oct 1800, he disappears off the Muster Roll first half of 1804, date give for his death is 1st April 1804
James married ??? _____.
They had one child: 2 i. James (~1801-)
2. James Pettigrew. Bornabt Dec 1801 in Colombo, Ceylon.
James 1st appears on Muster 25/9/1813 as a "BOY" 19th Reg of Foot at Colombo. Appointed Drummer 24/1/1814 Transfered to 89th 25/2/1818, On Muster 25/5/1818 as Drummer prometed to Corp. 7/6/1828, volunteered to join 41st Reg 21/9/1830.Revert e d ba ck to Private on transferVolunteered from 89th 10/9/1830. Regimental No 172 from Oct 1831, promoted Corp 15/9/1832 Reg No 71, from Oct 1835. Promoted Sergeant 5/12/1837, Invalid 24/5/1842 Discharged
James married Emelia Shepherd.
They had the following children: 3 i. Charles (1831-) 4 ii. Samuel (1837-)
3. Charles Pettigrew. Born on 19 Jun 1831 in India.
In October 1880 Charles was pensioned as Apothecary Bengal
On 2 Jul 1855 when Charles was 24, he married Caroline Sarah Hawke, daughter of Alfred Hawke & Sarah Davis, in Bangalore, India. Born on 3 Oct 1838 in Madras, India.
They had the following children: i. Charles Henry. Born on 22 Jun 1861 in India.
5 ii. Ernest Alfred Walter (1876-1906)
4. Samuel Pettigrew. Born on 31 May 1837 in Bellary, Madras, India.
In 1860 when Samuel was 22, he married Mary Ann Darby, in Madras, India.
They had one child: 6 i. William Albert Thomas (1869-1916)
5. Ernest Alfred Walter Pettigrew. Born on 23 May 1876 in Cannanore, India. Ernest Alfred Walter was baptized in Cannanore, India on 21 Dec 1876. Ernest Alfred Walter died in Bhamo, Burma on 28 Jul 1906, he was 30. Buried on 29 Jul 1906 in Bhamo, Burma.
Ernest is also down as Walter Ernest Alfred he died of Malarial Fever
On 23 Apr 1900 when Ernest Alfred Walter was 23, he married Jessie Dora Eate, daughter of George William Eate & Eleanor Eliza Pritchard, in Rangoon, Burma. Born on 28 Sep 1870 in Madras, India. Jessie Dora died in Bhamo, Burma on 19 Apr 1904, she was 33.
They had one child: i. Donald Charles Arthur (1899-)
6. William Albert Thomas Pettigrew. Born in 1869 in Nilghiri Hills, Madras, India. William Albert Thomas died in Ahram, Persia (Iran) in 1916, he was 47.
In 1895 when William Albert Thomas was 26, he married Ada Lancefield Blackman, in Teheran Persia (Iran).
They had the following children: i. Madeleine (1898-1970) ii. William Norman (1902-1968) iii. Douglas (1906-1934) iv. Joyce (1906-1972) v. Hugh Rudolf Conway (1912-)