Though I don't think it's the same family you are looking for I would be willing to bet they are related somewhere.
My husband's SPURIZEN - SPERISEN - SPERIZEN - SPERICE stayed in Indiana and were already here by 1850.
The 1870 Census - Miami Co., Indiana lists Joseph SPURIZEN living with Willie and Mary L CATTIN.I believe I found this family in the ship lists and the Passports from Solothurn, Switzerland.There are some discrepancies but it is the only likely family found to date.
Joseph SPEREISEN, 62 y old, left Switzerland on 6 March 1856 and boarded the Saratoga in Le Havre.He landed in New York on 2 May 1856, with his wife Mary Ann, 60 and 4 children: Caroline, 33; Franz 28, Crezencia?, 26 and Alex, 22.
On FHL#1608555, Gunsberg, Solothurn, Switzerland, I have found the birth and christening records of the children listed on the passenger list and a few more who died young:
Parents: Urs Joseph SPEREISEN and Maria Anna IDELA(?) Ab Arx (from Stuplingen)
- Theodorus Ferdinand SPEREISEN, b. 3 Sep 1821 – d 8 Sep 1821
- Maria Carolina SPEREISEN, b 25 Jun 1823 and christened 28 Jun 1823
- Adolphus Theodorus SPERISEN, b 19 Jun 1824
- Francis Joseph Herman SPERISEN, b 19 Aug 1826 – d. 9 Sep. 1856, Fort Wayne, IN
- Katarina Crescentia SPERISEN, b 16 Feb 1829 and christened 18 Feb 1829.
- Anna Maria Sophia SPERISEN, b 15 Apr 1831 – d. 15 Apr 1832
- Jacoba Louisa SPERISEN, b 29 Jun 1832 – d. 15 Jan 1833
- Alexander SPERISEN, b 22 Nov 1833 – d. 19 Sep 1918, Fort Wayne, Indiana
Earlier in the records, there is a Urs Franc Joseph SPERISEN, b 31 Oct 1791, son of Urs SPERISEN (son of Joannes Judiciari SPERISEN) and Anna Maria MULLER (daughter of Joannes from Niderswil). His godparents were Urs Reinhard(?) son of Joannes, of Galmis and Maria Anna SPERISEN, daughter of Joannes from Niederswil.
His death is also recorded here “d. 29 Jul 1869 in North America”
This would give him the following siblings:
- Anna Maria SPERISEN, b 9 Nov 1785 in Niederswil, Solothurn, Switzerland
- Anna Maria SPERISEN, b 30 May 1787 in Niederswil, Solothurn, Switzerland
- Joannes Udalricus SPERISEN, b 22 Aug 1789 in Niederswil, Solothurn, Switzerland.He married Magdalena WISS, of Fullerbach, on 24 Jul 1820.They had:
- Urs SPERISEN, b 2 Aug 1822 in Niederswil, Solothurn, Switzerland – died young.
- Elisabetha SPERISEN, b 23 Aug 1824 in Niederswil, Solothurn, Switzerland
- Elisabetha SPERISEN, b 6 Dec 1825 in Niederswil, Solothurn, Switzerland
- Anna Maria SPERISEN, b 23 Nov 1827 in Niederswil, Solothurn, Switzerland
- Anna Maria SPERISEN, b 2 Apr 1831 in Niederswil, Solothurn, Switzerland
- Maria Magdalena SPERISEN, b 1 Jan 1833, in Niederswil, Solothurn, Switzerland
- Nicolas Joseph SPERISEN, b 11 Nov 1796 in Niederswil, Solothurn, Switzerland
- Maria Anna SPERISEN, b 8 May 1799 in Niederswil, Solothurn, Switzerland – d. 7 Jun 1854
Ursus Joseph SPERISEN married Maria Anna Idela AB ARX, daughter of Leonty, of Stuslingen, on 3 Jul 1820 in Niederswil, Solothurn, Switzerland.
Maybe we can compare notes and help each other?