I found some interesting info on the Coosa Co., Al GenWeb, today... and added some of my info... Let me know if it connects with anyone. I think Adkin Corley d. 1863 Coosa co Al was the son of The Adkin that was a son of Richard.
1850 Coosa Co Al census with anotations
Hatchett Creek area
89. Thompson Daniel 25 SC farmer 700 Amanda 22 GA Elizabeth 2 AL (Daniel Thompson, born 23 Apr 1825, died 23 Nov 1892. Amanda Ann - nee Hunt, daughter of George, sister of Sarah A. Corley who was wife of Adkin C.- born 22 May 1829, died 5 May 1870)
90. Hunt George 60 NC farmer 500 Elizabeth 60 GA John 28 GA farmer William 22 Ga farmer (For George Hunt, see Wills & ORC 2/86. On tombstones - George Hunt died 22 Nov 1855 in his 65th year. Elizabeth Hunt died 25 Nov 1854 in her 63rd year. William Hunt died 20 April 1860 in his 33rd year.)
99. Cawley (Corley) Adkin 44 SC farmer 200 Sarah 27 GA (Sarah - nee Sarah Ann Hunt. Minutes P #8/71 10 Aug 1863 - Estate of Adkin Corley. Will presented by widow Sarah A. Corley. Children: Clemon Corley James Corley, Hezekiah Corley, these three of age and of South Carolina. Richard Corley, Gazerem (Georgiana?) Corley, Simeon H. Corley, William Adkin Corley, General Jackson Corley - these five under 21 and with mother. Corley Adkins see Wills & OCR II/176 Minutes 6/615. Estate of George Hunt final settlement 1 Feb 1858. Among heirs "Sarah Ann wife of Adkin Corley [`by special bequest']". Minutes 7/313 23 Apr 1860 - Estate of William Hunt, his brother in law Daniel J. Thompson presents will. Heirs Amanda A., wife of Daniel J. Thompson (and her four children) and Sarah Ann wife of Adkin Corley.)
100. Cawley Richard 48 SC farmer 800 Mary 50 SC Eliza 18 SC Clemmon (Clem) 15 AL Frances (female) 13 AL John 11 AL
101. Cawley Michael 21 SC farmer 100 Eliza 22 AL John 1 AL (See Brewer's History p.92. Minutes 8/482 31 May 1865 - Estate of Michael Corley, widow Eliza Jane Admx. Bond $2400. Larkin Newman and Daniel J. Thompson.)
102. Cawley Simeon 35 SC farmer 100 Mary 37 AL Edward 8 AL Martha 6 Elizabeth 4 AL Wilson 4/12 Eilza 4/12 -----------------------------------------------------------
OK now this is something... in the 1850 census of Walker Co Al Our Clement Corley (Md Elizabeth Raburn) is next door to John B. Raburn of GA..
In the 1860 census Clement and Elizabeth are in Tuscaloosa co. and next door to John B. Raburn 72 b. GA IN WALKER CO AL is a Simeon colley 45 b. SC with a wife M. age 40.. (Now the Simeon above in the 1850 census of Coosa co. Al has left Coosa Co.) Are these the same Simeon's???? Is he a brother of Clement? Oh yes at the top of this Page for Walker Co Al is James Cain 64 GA and wife Elizabeth age 55 SC (which are yours Candice, am I correct?) This Elizabeth is a sister to Clement...
now back to the 1850 Coosa census.
This Adkin Corley is too young to be our Clements father but look at the names in the probate of his in 1863. He named one of his children Clemons and one Simeon but no Elizabeth or Thomas who we believe are siblings of Clement.. Now the Simeon listed in 1850 is too old to be his son as he is 35 in 1850 and this Adkin is 44 so he probably his and Clements brother, along with Simeon, and probably the Richard listed next door to Adkin.
My belief is that there is an Adkin of SC who is the father of an Adkin, Richard, Clement, Simeon, Thomas, and Elizabeth, (and somewhere back in my mind I keep thinking of a Nancy as a sister also). Do any of you have any such animal in your files??
You can answer direct at email@example.com Thank you Glenda Brothers