Maybe some help.Oak Bowery Female College founded 1837 as Oak Bowery Academy, known as Chambers Collegiate Institute during the 1840s. Known as Oak Bowery Female College after 1850, continued after the civil war, untimately merged into the public school system. Oak Bowery is just north of Opelika. There is a historical sign at this location. This info from:www.acck.edu/~arayb/ClosedColleges/AlabamaCC.htm This school was a Methodist School and there is a Methodist church there now.